Saturday, August 02, 2008

Nature Strikes

Last night as Noah & I were out taking a walk (in search of Elmo...that's a story for another time) I took a (random) picture of this tree in our backyard... Just a tree. THIS morning around 7am we had quite the doozy thunder/lightening storm. I was still in bed & Jeff was up feeding Norah her bottle. Now, I don't mind storms, but they always make Jeff uneasy. As I was awake upstairs still in bed, I was thinking of how loud the thunder was & BOOM, I saw the lightening & heard the loudest "gun shot" I've ever heard. I thought, "that was close." After breakfast this morning, Jeff was out on the patio & told me I had to come FAST... he saw that the lightening hit the birdhouse he had built & hung in the tree. The birdhouse was blasted from the tree; there is a "line" down the tree from where the bark is now stripped. You should see all the bark-debris scattered around!


Jeff & I find this quite amazing. It'll be interesting to see how this tree scabs-over over time.

No comments: