Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blueberry Pickin'

My parents, Jeff, Noah, Norah, and I went blueberry picking tonight at Lehman's... Noah got down & started exploring - as well as tasting...Between taking pictures, Jeff snagged the camera & got a picture of me - I'm one serious picker:
Noah & Grandma were having a blast in the patch...
Noah soon discovered Papa's pail...


Mmmmmmmmmmm
Norah soakin' it all in...
back to our Jeeps (oh yeah, we have matching vehicles!)Noah found a hay bale

Heading off the hill...
and we arrived home with 4 1/2 pounds of berries! The bushes were loaded - we hope to go again next week!

5 comments:

MommyB said...

What are you gonna do with all of those berries, besides fill Noah's belly???

Laura said...

I love this post. Freeze some of those berries... frozen blueberries are such a good treat. Plus, if you haven't tried it, blueberries and cheddar is also delicious!

Unknown said...

We love blueberry picking...went for our third time on Tuesday! How was picking at Lehman's? My mom was thinking about going there this year. She usually heads over to Blueberry Hill Farm in Hornell.

Enjoy the berries!

JoEllen said...

I want a blueberry pie -- since you have nothing else to do this summer and are just being lazy taking care of a toddler and a newborn, make me some pies!!

Abigail said...

I haven't gone picking yet. Waaah!

Soon, I hope.

That last picture has me hankering something awful.