Sunday, January 31, 2010

Three and a Half

Noah turned 3 1/2 on January 10th. My, time goes fast. Although Noah has always had an extreme love for music at a young, young age - his most recent love is the violin. With Jeff being a music teacher, our children are very fortunate to be exposed to several different instruments. We have told Noah that if he keeps this passion up, that he can have lessons this summer. (Don't mind his hair - he got a haircut a few days after these pictures were taken).He practices very hard to get a nice sound to come out while he bows.Keep up the good work, Noah!
So, 3 and a 1/2 is a neat age. We see Noah maturing before our eyes. His imagination has come to life - he loves to pretend and dress up as a doctor, a fireman, a cowboy, or a chef. He loves to play with his tractors & trucks. He still enjoys reading & now even "pretends" to read those books that he now has memorized from us reading them over & over. He's quite the little chatter bug. Curious George is still his favorite cartoon. Duck & blanket are still "must-haves" before going to bed, although Woody has joined the regime. It's fun seeing him now enjoying a bowl of tomato soup with his grilled cheese sandwich. He often asks for bologna & cheese (which I find disgusting) but seems to be one of his favorite things for lunch. He's also a pasta lover --and also enjoys meatloaf. It's just neat to see his little personality bursting out. He's kind, loves to snuggle, and is quite the "politeness police" when it comes to his sister using her manners correctly. I love hearing Noah pray before every meal, and to clear his plate after excusing himself from the table. It's certainly not because of all these little manners he's picked up so well - but because of simply who he is. It's a pleasure watching you grow up, Noah - and somedays I get sad knowing that it goes by too quickly. What I do know, is if this is a glimpse of the man you will all too quickly be - you will be a fine gem. I hope you always snuggle with me & always have the joy for life that you currently have. Love you, Magoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie and Jeff - your kids are so precious and smart! The photos of Noah with the violin are wonderful! I am really glad you are doing this blog!!

MommyB said...

Aw very fun. Violin was my first instrument. Unfortunately Mrs. Vossler told me I was too small for the instrument I really wanted to play....The cello. He has such musically inclined parents. I hope he loves it!