Monday, January 25, 2010

Noah as Joseph, December 20th

Last year, Noah was a shepherd, although at almost 2 1/2, he didn't really know...
This year, however at almost 3 1/2, was a different story. Noah, being the only boy in his Sunday School class, was Joseph. We had a Peanut's Gang Manger scene on our window & one night when I was explaining Joseph to Noah, Noah grabbed my hand & told me to come look. He took me to the window where the Manger-window-clings were. "Mama, I want to be this guy (Linus) - he's a shepherd & he's cool because he watches sheep!" I tried hard not to laugh, because it was so cute. I told him, "No, you are Joseph (Charlie Brown) and he's cool, too!" We have books & so on & so forth, but he was convinced that he wanted to "Watch sheep." SO, we told Noah that Joseph is a carpenter...like Handy Manny...in which Noah said, "He'd like to be Handy Manny." AH, this isn't Halloween...but in the end, Noah played a fine Joseph.I have to laugh, because Mary, is the tall girl in blue, standing behind Noah (as Joseph).I think Noah liked singing much better than being Joseph, besides --he got to ring his own bell. Noah sang his heart out, but wasn't too fond of his "constricting costume."
After he was done, he sat between Ra-ra & Papa...and read a hymnal. Sweet, sweet, son of mine...I love every little aspect of you.

No comments: