Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas Morning '08

Noah, being nearly 2 1/2 - really was excited about Christmas this year. When he saw the stockings filled (by the chimney with care) and the presents, he exclaimed, "Ho ho ho!!" The funny thing was, he didn't really know that HE got to open them. Santa brought Noah a coloring book in his stocking...A little snowman book...Hmm, there's more in there?Oh... a Hallmark Ornament - which is a tradition we do with the kids each year.He was so cute, he looked it all over & then wanted to put in on the tree!Then, he discovered a piece of Dove chocolate in the toe of his stocking...And a snake. This picture is one of my favorite because you can see his chocolate is tucked away in the side of his cheek still...Lil' Miss's turn.Oh! I got a little book, too - only mine has a reindeer on it!She was quite excited!Noah, scoping out Jeff's ornament...A gift to Daddy, from Noah & Norah...A Galileo thermometer...Noah, opening one of his presents...Oh boy - I love this racetrack!Opening another gift (please note, the 4 gifts he got - he opened in a three-hour time span!)YAY! Sesame Street... Little did we know, at this time, that Noah was coming down rather sick. He had a cough & by the 26th he had a temperature of 103. We had called our pediatrician's emergency number, Noah had a chest x-ray, and we discovered he had RSV. The 26th was a miserable day for Mr. Noah - and we ended up missing Christmas with the Joslyn's as well as Jeff's parent's 40th wedding anniverary dinner. SO, still more fun to be had sometime in January. So began the journey for Jeff & I of "Sick Kiddos, Christmas Vacation '08."

2 comments:

JLBarnes said...

I was laughing and smiling the whole time I was looking at this post! Too stinkin cute! Norah is growing up!!! The pictures of her caught me off guard, because she's changed since I saw her (in person). I guess I just assumed you would keep them little until I returned home! Haha! :) (I wish!)

MommyB said...

Oh no Aves got the croup after Christmas! I hope Noah is feeling better!