Saturday, September 01, 2007

(con't) 100 Things About Me...

52. I love children's books. I could sit in a Barnes & Nobles or Borders all day & just look. I also love the smell of new books. My favorite children's author is Sandra Boynton.
53. I canNOT stand pet hair of any kind being on any of my belongings. Jeff had 2 cats when we got married & we just got rid of them both over the summer.
54. I like to plan and schedule things. People find it ironic that I had Noah on his due date - and that I worked the Friday before I had him & then had Noah on that coming Sunday eve.
55. I did not find out the gender of my child prior to having him - and I prefer it this way - even when we have our 2nd child someday.
56. I LOVE being barefoot. If I can't be barefoot I prefer flip-flops or my Birks. I am thankful that I can wear my Birks to work.
57. I love sweaters - and have about 30+ of them. If I wanted to, I could easily wear a different sweater everyday of the month.
58. I lived only a mile away from my grandparents and my aunt & uncle (on my Mom's side) while growing up. I use to ride my bike there after school at least 3 times a week. They are some of the most important people in my life.
59. I wrote for my high school newspaper and also wrote for my college newspaper. I've always enjoyed writing & I'm a fierce editor.
60. I love REAL Maple Syrup. Store-bought maple syrup is too gluey.
61. In Elementary School we had something called the "Follies." These were short skits/music type numbers that were done by homeroom, and the entire school (1st-5th) participated. There was always a theme & in 4th grade I had a lead part, along with my friend, Andy Woodworth.
62. My mother-in-law is extremely gifted with her hands. She wanted to be a Home-Ec. teacher & should have been. She makes beautiful quilts, clothing, and also did my bouquets for my wedding.
63. The Christmas Jeff & I were engaged, my mother-in-law made me the most wonderful Christmas quilt. I'm very selfish when it comes to sharing this with anyone.
64. I love Christmas movies. A few of my favorites are: Muppet Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, Charlie Brown Christmas, and White Christmas.
65. My sister-in-law, Sherry, is SUPER smart. You'd want her on your team if you are playing Trivia or Scrabble.
66. My husband finds it odd that I have "back-ups" in our pantry. I do not like the feeling that I may run out of something, so I always buy "extras" to store.
67. I sometimes catch myself trying to buy something just because it's a "good sale." I simply like the fact that I'm saving money.
68. I LOVE Seinfeld and am thankful that they have full seasons on DVD.
69. My dad was my small-court basketball coach.
70. I collected Cabbage Patch Kids when I was young - I have 20 of them. They all still look brand-new because I always prized these. I got my first one, Kari, when I was in 1st grade.
71. I HATE my birthstone - amethyst. It's my least favorite color - I wish my birthstone was a ruby, but luckily, that is Noah's birthstone - so I now have a ruby ring!
72. I've eaten goat before and it really isn't that bad. While in Haiti there are goats EVERYWHERE and my cousin & I use to joke about which one we'd be having for dinner.
73. Growing up I use to "make fun of" my parents for watching things like 60 Minutes and Dateline. Let's just say - I've become my parents.
74. This past February I went dog sledding in Canada. It was a lot of fun, but I rather go snorkeling.
75. In 3rd grade we all had pen pals from Virginia. I wrote to mine until I entered college; we've never met.
76. I have been to 26 states & it's my goal to visit all of them.
77. I've marched a halftime show for the Buffalo Bills when I was in high school.
78. My group of friends and I went to Disney Land for Spring Break my junior year of college. We stayed with Flossie & Dick Roeske, friends from church who winter in Florida. This was my first time driving down to Florida.
79. Jeff & I honeymooned on Marco Island, FL. This was my first time flying to Florida...and I will always fly to Florida since that trip. It is so much faster!
80. My first date with Jeff was picking out pumpkins & going to Texas Hot. It was a perfect date.
81. People I watch (frequently) on television I call "friends" (as a joke)... my mom does this, too. Chesley is a friend and I get worried if he's not on my TV in the morning.
82. I'm pretty regimented as to when I eat. I eat breakfast every morning & I have to eat lunch anywhere between 12-1, otherwise I actually begin feeling sick & get a headache. I'm the same way with dinner - I prefer to eat sometime between 5-6pm.
83. My favorite game show is Press Your Luck.
84. I like keeping my fingernails short - I'm not sure why, probably because I'm a guitar player.
85. I love making things with apples - and I love the smell of apples baking.
86. If I ever stayed home from school because I was sick, I would always lay on the couch & drink Tomato Juice...and look forward to 11 because I was allowed to watch Price is Right.
87. I have super-talented and lovely-spirited friends - many from college: Abigail, Sarah, Sandy, Andrew, Heidi, Jodie, Kert, Lisa, Laurie... I could go on & on. I am proud of all of them.
88. Some days I wish I could go back to college with the knowledge I have now. I believe I'm a better person now, but because of the lessons learned while I was there.
89. I canNOT stand motorcyclists. I think they are dangerous and it irks me to have to ever follow someone that's driving one.
90. I think receiving a card in the mail, for no particular reason, is a wonderful present.
91. My best friend at work smokes. She always walks by my door & asks me if I want to "watch her smoke." It's become a joke - because if I call Jeff I say, "I'm outside smoking with T." (I've never smoked before & never will - I think it's a horrible habit) She is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met and I have learned a lot from her. I admire her honesty, her drive, and how she is straight-forward. I think everyone needs a friend like her.
92. If all else fails - chips & salsa usually help.
93. I don't drink much soda, if at all... I prefer lemonade. If I do drink soda, I really like Ginger Ale. I also like Loganberry, but that's not a soda.
94. I'm pretty decent at playing Nintendo... yes, I'm old school & enjoy playing Mario Cart.
95. I grew up playing (board & card) games with my family. My new favorite game is Blokus.
96. I cut my husband's hair - I have ever since we were engaged.
97. The best pizza I ever had was on Marco Island at Joey's Pizzeria & Pasta House. Jeff & I want to go back just to have their pizza.
98. I'm very good with directions/map reading. I successfully got Jeff through Miami (Art Deco District) & down to the Key of Biscayne.
99. My kitchen MUST be clean before I go to bed - dishes done up & everything in its proper place. There is nothing worse than waking up & seeing my kitchen in disarray.
100. I love the Lord and am thankful for being brought up in a Christian home. My parents are the best and will be married 36 years this month!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Liana,

sadly no, I haven't been there. When I go to Marco, we always eat at the Tiki outside of the Marriot. Small, and on the beach.

I trust you though, next time, I will eat at the pizza place.

heidiann(e) said...

i feel so honored to be in the count!
love to you, amazing miss!

Melissa said...

Those were so fun to read! I can't imagine coming up with 100 things about myself. 72 cracked me up as did your "friend" the weather man. Awesome!

Unknown said...

You did it! Now I think you should go for 150! Thank you for honoring me in the list!