Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wow, 5! July 10th, 2011

Noah turned 5 on July 10th! People always have told me that kids grow up fast - but, now I know that's 100% true; where have the last 5 years gone?! With both kiddos birthdays falling within the same week - and it being Balloon Rally week, we have a week-long celebration for both kids. July 10th fell on a Sunday this year, and Saturday, the 9th was the Balloon Rally Kick-off Parade. Here's Noah, with his buddy, Thomas, getting ready for the parade to start.5! I believe this is the 2nd cake I had made this week...Norah got Noah Spinner, a new Handy Manny tool... he's pretty proud.Uncle AJ & Aunt Sherry got Noah Mater, a new bubble-mower... (which he uses ALL.THE.TIME.)Jeff & I got Noah a new red bike. Noah was so excited when he stumbled upon this gift in the driveway - he couldn't believe it!Ride, ride, ride.Saturday, the 16th was the kiddos combined party & Rara & Papa Joslyn came down - kids were SO excited to see them!Friday night, the 15th (Norah's birthday) we went over to watch the Balloon Rally.Both Noah & Norah loved watching all the balloons launch this year - perfect weather. (Noah's "I'm 5!" picture I took for this year)
Noah... you are amazing. We love you so much - you are one smart, compassionate, inquisitive little boy. Always asking questions, always working - like the little man of the house, you love to help. You are SO kind to your sister and help her dozens of times, even pushing her Gator or Hummer out of the back "ditch" when she gets stuck. You are patient and loving. I love how you fall asleep on your bed each night with your knees up. I love your love of fruit - you are always asking for a banana, grapes, apples, blueberries, watermelon, peaches... and when not, you are still my "bologna sandwich" boy. You are becomming a great swimmer - and love being outside. I love that you talk about Jesus, love your grandparents, aunts & uncles. You did SO well in Pre-K, we know you'll love Kindergarten, despite mommy being sad that you'll be gone all day. Keep asking questions, keep working hard, keep loving God... you are going to do amazing things. Wow, 5. I love you so much, Magoo!

3 comments:

Farmgirl said...

Aww, happy 5th birthday! What a huge year- I truly believe our boys would be such good friends if they were close to one another. Celebrating this milestone with you from afar :)

Abigail said...

I love that last picture. He's such a little man!

Unknown said...

Wow
beautiful photos
Keep Posting
"House Cleaning melbourne"