Saturday, March 05, 2011

First Day of Jeff's Winter Break

Monday, February 21st we woke up to SNOW, lots & lots of snow. Happy President's Day...luckily we both had the day off. We bundled the kiddos up & out we went to try to get unburied. This was taken when I stepped out the back sun room door... looks like Jeff had created a little "maze" to get to the garage...It really was pretty!Norah "helped" with her pink bucket.Noah, he's a boy who loves snow. Loves sun. Loves BEING.OUTSIDE. He's all boy. He'd climb the snow piles & conquer the "mountains" - and play, and play, and play until I dragged him inside.Norah, she'll play outside all day, too. She cracks me up - she doesn't complain much, just keeps playing, even if she can't see.Snow-removal-man, Noah.I took a lot of pictures (yes, I'm laughing while I type this... I really DID shovel, just, I don't take pictures of MYSELF, shoveling.)Jeff sure was a trooper, he just kept shoveling... (*insert, this is where I noticed our nice neighbor, Mr. Bill, wave us down & ask us if we wanted to use his snow blower)"Where's Daddy going?" Norah was yelling at Jeff...Good ol' Mr. Bill, watching Jeff use the snow blower. Truth be told, he waited for Jeff to shovel a wider path, & he walked down it to come talk to me... and see the kids. He loves our kids - and we love him. We couldn't ask for a nicer neighbor.And, we are thankful that we could use the blower that day - sure made the rest of the job a lot easier. Our poor snow blower is in the garage with a flat tire. We had bought it used a few years ago...we are now on board with buying a new one next snow season.
What a day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say, I would not have thought ANYTHING could make me smile about snow in March. But, your family has that ability! Smiling as I watch it pile up outside....

Abigail said...

You said Jeff was a trooper, but my votes for Noah. Shoveling out snow half again his height with a one-foot plastic shovel? Now THAT'S dedication! :)

JoEllen said...

your photos kill me - make me wonder what the hell I am doing raising a kid in Florida?? Maybe someday we will spend a year up north (probably Canada) so my son can experience the joys (and frustrations!) of winter.