Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Noah & Norah's Birthday Gift

Jeff & I decided that the kids really needed a swingset/clubhouse for the backyard. So, for a combined birthday present we went ahead & bought one. Jeff laid out all the pieces, which I never knew how it was going to go together:I had the great idea of using post-it notes to label all the pieces.From there - Jeff went at it, with Noah's help of course.Norah, guarding the slide...This is my favorite picture - because it's true to Noah's personality- he loves helping, he loves tools, and most importantly: he loves shadowing anything Jeff does.Almost together (I believe it was around 13-14 hours of Jeff's time to get this together - and thankfully, Jeff's dad helped finish up some of the 2-man-team type stuff)We didn't have to teach Norah what to do...She loves it!I like the little picnic-bench area - Noah enjoys having his snack there.Just what was needed for our Monkey-child, Noah."Mama, take my picture - Cheeeeeeeesssseee!" What a great investment. Happy Birthday, Noah & Norah- you're the best kiddos anyone could ask for!

6 comments:

Dave and Melissa said...

Looks like you're loving it! We definitely love ours! It's so great to have something right outside the back door to keep them busy!

Anonymous said...

the kids are never going to want to be inside.

JLBarnes said...

Awesome swingset! Can I play on it too?

Unknown said...

Fun times in the Joslyn yard! Love that B&W picture of Noah!

RabbitCreek said...

Wow! Quite the set up! Love the pictures! Norah just climbs right up there, kind of scary for such a little tot! Noah is so cute in his green boots! Such a model! Happy Birthday Noah and Norah! Love you both! :)

sarah said...

I also have a Noah (3) and Norah (1)... so cute!