Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Time

I love pumpkins and I love carving them equally as much. Jeff proposed to me in 2003 after we carved pumpkins - so it's a special memory for us. Last year we carved pumpkins but Noah, only being 15-months at the time, wasn't into it. This year - it was a lot of fun to watch Noah experience all the pumpkin-glory.He had a great time seeing what was inside as well as touching (and tasting, yeh, silly kid) his pumpkin!Pop! Out came the nose!When we asked Noah what he wanted his jack-o-lantern to look like he said "happy." So, this is Noah's pumpkin:
Here we are, after carving the pumpkins. Can you guess who carved what?Our happy jack-o-lantern family... Norah, Noah, Mommy and Daddy.

8 comments:

JLBarnes said...

How cute! I do find it funny that Jeff was wearing a glove?? Come on...half the fun is feeling the squish between your fingers! :) We attempted a family picture afterward as well, but as you will see...it didn't go as well! Haha!

Liana said...

Disclaimer: Jeff LOVES to feel the squishy-pumpkin guts. Sadly, though, he has eczema. Look at the 3rd picture down - he actually has special ointment on his hands & gauze - his fingers actually bleed. That's why he had to wear gloves :(

Unknown said...

Your pumpkins look great! I was wondering about the bandages... poor Jeff! Before reading your disclaimer, I thought maybe it was a technique for carving and de-pulping your pumpkins! Or an instrument injury...sore fingers from stringed instruments! Ha!

JoEllen said...

your pumpkins are so nice and innocent compared to the pumpkins I made for our pumpkin competition -- I made PIMP-kin and his Happy Ho :)

JoEllen said...

not fun about Jeff's hands - I suffer from excema really badly on my hands and have to be super careful about what I touch (especially in the hospital) when I was a waitress my hands were always cracked and bleeding. Haven't had a flare-up in a while but I wear gloves ALL OF THE TIME. I have a box of 1,000 of them here at the house under the sink lol

eva said...

so cute! i love the jack o'lantern family. :)

JLBarnes said...

Ahh! Well I guess I won't harass Jeff then. I'll allow him to wear gloves. :)

Abigail said...

They're awesome, and I love that the candle-shine in Noah's almost makes it look like it has a gold tooth sparkling.

Very cool.