Friday, August 10, 2007

On Monday, August 6th, we took Noah to Strong's Eye Institute, in Rochester, to have an ERG done. We had spent the weekend with Jeff's family (outside of Buffalo) and had just shy of a 2 hour drive ahead of us.
God is good. Noah wasn't allowed to have to have anything to eat or drink from midnight on - except water or apple juice. We had prayed that he wouldn't be fussy, as he is accustomed to having a bottle & a big bowl of fruit & cereal in the morning. Noah is such a content and happy child and was the entire morning.
When getting to Strong, Noah again was such a good boy. This ERG was obviously going to be much harder on Jeff & I then it was going to be for him. As we listened to the anaesthesiologist explain how Noah would be put to sleep, tears stained our cheeks. Noah would look up and smile at us, in question to our tears. I am so thankful for Jeff, as he helped hold Noah's arms/hands down as the mask was placed over his face to put him out - for I know I couldn't do that. I cried in the corner, as they whisked my son away in a metal crib. Jeff and I were in this together & comforted each other, but more so, could feel the prayers of others back home. What a gift to know we are lifted up in prayer during these difficult times.
It shouldn't take trying times like this to draw us closer to God, but these times do. We know He loves us, and loves our son, but I often think that WE love Noah more, that WE know what's best. I remember a friend from church telling me on the day we dedicated Noah that we have chosen to trust God & to raise him in the ways of the Lord - and during these difficult times we must lean on Him and BELIEVE that Noah is HIS, not ours.
After hours of waiting, we were able to be there when Noah came out of his anesthesia. There he was smiling & ready for his bottle. I was so happy to be able to hold him again & know he was alright, despite whatever results we would get.
That day we got the ERG results: Noah's rods & cones are A-OK. No problems were found & there are no deficiencies; his eyes are working as they should.
Praise the Lord!
To think that the Lord loves us more than I love my son is unfathomable, but yet comforting. I'm thankful that the Lord entrusted Noah to us.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Glad to hear that the ERG went well. I love all the pictures of your little Noah. :-)

Unknown said...

Annie and Jeff,
God has blessed Noah with the most loving and wonderful mommy and daddy he could ever hope for. You are such terrific parents!

sarah said...

so it's very good news, right? i only see him in pictures, but he looks perfect in every way! so glad it went well!

Liana said...

Thank you for all your prayers.
Yes, this is good news - very good news.

Sherry, thanks for your kind words!

heidiann(e) said...

praise God, so much!
what a scary time. i'm so glad all went well, all is well.
God is good, amen to that a thousand times.
love to you all.

Abigail said...

Praise God!

Now I'm even more mad at that uncompassionate first doctor...

Unknown said...

Great news, Liana. Thanks for letting us know!