Thursday, July 17, 2008

July 15th - Norah Marie's Arrival...



Wow, life changes quickly. I am going to write "the story" down - more so for myself & Norah. If you aren't interested in all the fun details - just look at the pictures.
Monday, July 14th - I went to work as I typically do. I went in early, 6:45am, not knowing if I was going to "save" my extra hours up for later in the week OR just work a typical 8-hour day & be done at 2:45pm. My job is flexible in the summer - so as long as I have 40 hours in during the week - it doesn't matter how I accumulate them.
I felt pretty decent during the day, just really tired - and I was still having quite amount of pressure on my hip-bones/pelvis area, that just made it very uncomfortable to walk. I opted for leaving at 2:45 that afternoon & came home - told Jeff I was tired & I took about an hour nap, since Noah had already been down napping.
The evening was going by as usual - and my cousin Laura happened to stop by around 7pm. I just didn't feel quite right & had told Jeff a little bit earlier that if I felt how I currently did that I wouldn't be going into work in the morning. We all just sat on the back patio & I had mentioned that it was all I could do to walk. Laura later told me that I looked "horrible."
Laura had left & around 8:30pm I told Jeff "Maybe these are Braxton Hicks" - and he said "No, you wouldn't have THOSE this close to your due date!" I started timing my contractions & wrote the first one down: 9:15pm.
I called my parents & told them that I may need them tonight to come watch Noah - so be prepared.
9:28pm. Hmm...this is interesting. With Noah, I started having contractions at 8AM and went into the hospital at 4:30PM - so I thought I had PLENTY of time.
9:40, 9:50, 9:57, 10:06...at which I called my parents told them to get down here & that "HOLY COW THESE HURT!!"
I jumped in the shower - I told Jeff I had to shave my legs!
10:14, 10:22, 10:26, 10:32, 10:37, 10:41, 10:51...got to the hospital at 10:55pm.
(Thankfully, we're an entire 2 miles from the hospital).
Dr. Kaye, my Dr., was already there - she came in to check me - I was at 6 cm already!
I won't share the rest of the lovely details - but there was no time for drugs. I begged & pleaded for an epidural, which they finally agreed to - but there was no time for it to take. Dr. Kaye told me "It's all natural... start pushing!" ...7 minutes & voila! (Yes, I really DO think I deserve a trophy - I'm the girl that thinks a PAPER CUT hurts!!!)
Norah Marie Joslyn
July 15th, 2008
1:14am
7 lbs 13 oz.
20 inches
She is perfect.
We love her - and stand amazed, again, at God's handy work.
Welcome to our home, most beautiful lil'one...

11 comments:

Tarah said...

You're delivery story sounds a little familiar (except I was at 9 cm when i arrived at the hospital). thank you, Lord, for easier second deliveries.

congratulations!!!!! She's beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

She's a cutie! Don't you feel so strong and courageous...you toughed it out! Glad to know things are going well so far!

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I am so, SO very happy for you all! I can't want to see you guys, and meet your new bundle of joy! :)

Laura said...

She is LOVELY! Congrats. Well done

JoEllen said...

I'm a little disappointed, Annie. . .I was hoping for a picture of you mid-push!

Congrats again :)

Unknown said...

great job! she's beautiful!
jenn, sandy, and morgan

Sarah Elliott said...

Congratulations to you all! I love the fact that you had to shave your legs!

Abigail said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

She's a beauty!
And well done on that delivery!

heidiann(e) said...

what a PRETTY baby!
congratulations - so glad you're all together!

Andrew & Jennifer said...

Amazing pictures, really. You guys think to capture everything...and even with the 2nd. Wasn't it great going naturally...admit it??? You gotta feel great and you do deserve a trophy!!! Norah is perfect.

sarah said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! I would say that she's beautiful, but it's been said. I like the name Norah Marie, it suits her...so glad to see you all safe and sound!

Much Love!