Friday, July 27, 2007

Last weekend was our town's Annual Balloon Rally. Last year, a balloon landed in my parent's backyard - and they won the "Home Owner's Balloon Ride." Since the prize was only for one person, we decided that my sister-in-law, Sherry, would take the ride. I was pretty excited to have a field pass this year, so I could take pictures...
That's Sherry's balloon - you can tell which one she is by her strawberry-blond hair and khaki coat.
That's Sherry and my brother AJ (in the blue sweatshirt) helping hold the balloon before take-off...
Sherry, waiting for her climb in.
Other balloons filling...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like it was fun! though, I feel a little jealous that you're all wearing SWEATSHIRTS!??? I must be living on a different continent... there has been no sweatshirt weather for us....

Liana said...

Don't let the sweatshirts fool you - this was a morning balloon ride, 6am! That's the reason for the sweatshirts - down here in the valley the mornings are in the lower 60's, which seems cold for July.

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun. That's one of the things to do on my list before I die. -Rigel

Abigail said...

That's so cool! We envy that strawberry-blond-haired girl in the khaki coat.